Many caring people serve God and our church by working together to make worship gatherings happen at Northlawn UM Church. Everyone is welcome to help, and people are needed year-round to fill volunteer roles associated with our worship. You can find out more about ways to help with worship, and about our Worship Team, below.
Connection Corner (in the narthex, near the sanctuary) is the place to find info on everything happening at Northlawn - and to volunteer to help with many activities. To volunteer your help with worship, just sign one of the clipboards at Connection Corner, or use the online sign-up links (see sidebar, on the right side of this page).
Ways To Help With Worship
- Hospitality helpers (Greeters, Ushers, Connection Corner hosts, Cookie/Coffee donors/servers) welcome people as they arrive for worship; offer assistance to worshippers before, during, and after services; staff Connection Corner, our information hub and "welcome station" in the narthex; and donate cookies (church provides coffee) and/or host and serve at the refreshment table.
- Liturgists read Scripture passages aloud during worship, present announcements, and lead the congregation in responsive readings.
- Alter Prayer Team - At the conclusion of each worship service, Alter Team members are available at the front of te sanctuary to offer the ministry of prayer to any who need encouragement, hope, healing, help to get through the pain of current circumstances, or who have been impacted by the day's worship. The Alter Prayer Team can be easliy identified by the name tages they wear. Take your cares to Jesus.
- Music volunteers participate in Chancel Choir or Bell Choir, help lead songs, or present vocal or instrumental solos for special music.
- Communion Stewards help the pastor serve Communion to worshippers.
- Altar/Chancel helpers prepare the altar and sanctuary with materials and equipment appropriate for the worship theme and season, including altar flowers or other decorations, banners, and Communion items.
- A/V volunteers help operate audio-visual equipment before, during, and after worship.
Time commitments for worship helpers vary depending on the role. Some people commit for one or several Sundays, others for a season or longer. The roles of greeters, ushers, liturgists, Connection Corner hosts, coffee/cookie helpers, and summer special music soloists are open for weekly sign-ups - just stop by Connection Corner to volunteer.
If you'd like to help with music, Communion, altar/chancel, A/V, or the Worship Team, please use the Contact Us form on this page to ask for someone to contact you about serving.
Our Worship Team meets regularly year-round, with the goal of providing a life-changing experience of God's presence for everyone in worship. If you're interested in helping plan worship gatherings and coordinate worship-related activities as a member of the Worship Team, please use the Contact Us form on this page to ask for someone to contact you.
Some members of our Worship Team serve as song leaders during Sunday worship.